La mejor receta de Gua Bao de pollo y verduras
Chicken and vegetables "Gua Bao"
- A steamer (bamboo steamer if possible).
- A pan.
- A cutting board.
- A knife.
- A vegetable mincer (or vegetables previously minced).
- A scale.
- 2 sheets of vegetable/oven paper.
|For the dough (8 gua baos):|
|250 g. of all-purpose flour|
|100 g. of whole milk|
|50 g. of water|
|15 g. of white sugar|
|2 g. of dry yeast (baker´s yeast)|
|½ teaspoon of baking powder|
|2 g. of salt|
|6 g. of olive oil|
|For the filling:|
|2 chicken breast filets|
|Salt and pepper|
First, prepare the dough to let it rest a bit:
- Sieve the flour and add it to a mixing bowl with the salt, yeast, baking powder and the sugar.
- Next, pour the water, milk and oil over the dry ingredients and mix well until the dough is a bit sticky but pliable.
- Then, cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 30 – 45 minutes while preparing the filling.
Next, prepare the filling:
- First, peel and slice the vegetables. Also season the chicken with salt and pepper and cut it in strips.
- Then, roast the peanuts if necessary and mash them.
- TNext, stir fry the vegetables in a pan with a tablespoon of oil. When the vegetables are soft add the chicken strips and some soy sauce.
- Then, set aside and add the roasted peanuts and chopped coriander.
Then, take the dough. Form balls with your hands (about an orange of size) and knead them over a floured surface. Roll out until are thin (approximately 0.5 - 1 cm) and let them rest for 10 minutes.
Next, place them on an oven paper sheet and place them in the (bamboo) steamer. Steam them for 10 minutes.
Finally, fill the "buns" and fold them.
PLEASE MAKE AN EFFORT TO KEEP MATERIALS AND WORKING AREAS TIDY AND LEAVE EVERYTHING CLEAN